The Old Green Bridge
Scanned by Don Peyton ('63)
The Old Green Bridge (above) was built in the 1920s and connected Kennewick and Pasco.
The Bridge picture below is from the 1955 Columbian
This Kennewick-Pasco bridge was built in the mid 50s and was constructed with 4 lanes to accomodate increased development and subsequent traffic. It was built a few miles upstream from the old green bridge.
The old green bridge was demolished after being replaced by the modern multi-lane Inter-City Bridge built adjacent in the 1980s. Both the old green bridge and the blue bridge co-existed for about 25 to 30 years.
page started: 11/16/01
page updated: 07/25/12
E-mail the webmaster